All I did today is exactly what Cinderella does in her normal day, before she meets her prince. Not only did housekeeping things, today I rearranged my wardrobe and made my book shelf neat again.
Surprisingly, I found a cute book I have when I was 19. On the first page, there is a list of 10 things, without any title above the list. Today, I would like to re-write these thoughts. As a reminder. Here are 10 things I told myself when I was 19:
- Work on your looks. Not to be the prettiest girl, just to be well-groomed and hygiene.
- Be independent. Self-sufficiency.
- Don’t be too dramatic. Stay out of arguments which can be avoided.
- Know that self-confidence is key to being “that girl”. Instead of bringing yourself down, be proud of what you have.
- Focus. Make sure you know what you want then set and complete your goals.
- Work on your body language. Be open to people. When you’re talking, maintain eye contact.
- Improve yourself: mentally, physically and emotionally. Discover your talent and show it as the assets which can be proud of.
- Know yourself. Your strengths, weakness, passion.
- Be yourself. Be true to yourself and show who you really are.
- Be nice. Do not be rude and too clingy. Remember to be polite and respect everyone.
That’s it. Now I’m thanking the younger me who shaped me to be who I am today.